H. E. Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
President of the Republic of Liberia
The vision of the Liberia Civil Aviation Authority is to become a world – Class
leader in the regulations and promotion of Aviation activities by fostering its
safe and orderly development in Liberia in line with International Standard and
Provide enhanced quality of service and productivity by providing innovative technical
regulatory supervision geared toward the promotion of a safe civil aviation sector
as well as place high-value on fostering teamwork, training and continuous improvement
in the level of professionalism commensurate with ICAO’S Standards and ethics.
Our core values are engrained in the tradition of professionalism, individual and
collective inspirations backed by motivation, excellence in service, pragmatic adherence
to safety and security and upholding probity and accountability.
- Continued maintenance of high standards of Aviation Safety;
- Monitor and evaluate current and projected aviation growth;
- Implement the policies and objectives of the government;
- Systematically develop plan to meet set objectives;
- Spearhead regional and International aviation programs agreed on by the Government;
- Acquire, establish, and improve navigation facilities wherever necessary;
- Govern the flight of aircraft;
- The LCAA shall have the power to investigate, or arrange by contract or otherwise
for the investigation of accidents involving civil aviation occurring in Liberia
and civil aircraft registered in Liberia occurring outside of the territory of any
foreign country for the purpose of determining the facts, conditions, and circumstances
relating to each accident and the probable cause thereof.